Cross Country report 11/11/21
- 10 keen runners across Years 4, 5 and 6 from Flitcham Primary Academy were selected to take part in the West Norfolk Schools Cross Country race this week. They joined 11 other schools in their Kings Lynn and surrounding primary school cluster for Round 1 of the very popular Cross Country Series, organised by the West Norfolk Sports Partnership. Flitcham runners embraced their experience and thoroughly enjoyed cheering each other on the loudest they possibly could and warmly congratulating each other at the finish line. Well done to Harrison, Isabelle,Camden, Martha, Kayleigh, Toby, Faith, Olivia, Jonathan, Chloe, for taking part, you did yourselves and your school proud.
- Impressively, 3 of Team Flitcham finished in the top 10 and qualified for the Finals on the 23rd November!
- Year 4 Girls were set off on a challenging 800m off road course adjacent to Lynnsport, supported by the loud cheers of the visiting schools. Isabelle powered her way through the other runners to finish in a very impressive 6th place, qualifying her for the finals.
- For Year 5, Toby made his way through a hugely competitive field of runners after a false start of keen boys raring to get going, across a longer 1600m course with grit and determination to finish in 8th place, earning himself his spot on the start line at the finals too.
- Year 6 Girls winner was Faith, finishing 1st after leading the field from half way round the first lap of the 1600m cross country. It was a quick start for the girls eager to earn spots in the final but Faith held her own and came home to a well earned win after fending off a challenging sprint finish.